An on-the-go option for those who find it difficult to swallow pills. Pepto-Bismol chewable tablets with original flavour relieve heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, nausea, and diarrhea.
- Bismuth subsalicylate 262 mg
- Calcium Carbonate 350 mg
relieves: heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, nausea, diarrhea
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea or vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Contains salicylate. Do not take if you are:
- Allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
- Taking other salicylate products
Do not use if you have:
- An ulcer
- A bleeding problem
- Bloody or black stool
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drug for:
- Anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur.
Stop use and ask a doctor if:
- Symptoms get worse
- Diarrhea lasts more than 2 days
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Chew or dissolve in mouth.
- Adults: 2 tablets
- Children (10-14 years): 1 tablet
- Children (3-9 years): Use Pepto-Bismol Liquid
- Repeat above dosage every ½ hour as needed. Do not exceed 8 doses (16 tablets) in 24 hours.
- Use until diarrhea stops, but not more than 2 days.
- Children under 3 years: Ask a doctor.
- Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea.
Inactive Ingredients: magnesium stearate, mannitol, povidone, red 27 lake, sodium saccharin, talc, flavour