PEPCID COMPLETE Antacid & Acid Reducer is the first and only non-prescription heartburn reliever to combine speed and duration in a single chewable tablet.
It works quickly and delivers long-lasting relief from daytime and nighttime heartburn, acid indigestion and upset or sour stomach due to acid indigestion in just one dose.
The unique 2-in-1 formula attacks your heartburn with 2 different medicines:
- The fast-acting antacid begins to neutralize acid on contact.
- The long-lasting acid reducer controls acid production for up to 12 hours.
Antacids can work quickly, but may not last so your heartburn could return. Acid reducers can last, but also take a while to work. With PEPCID COMPLETE, you get both.
Adults and children 12 years and over:
- Chew one (1) tablet.
- Do not use more than 2 tablets in 24 hours.
- Children under 12 years: ask a doctor before use.
- If symptoms continue for more than 14 days, talk to your doctor.
- Individuals with kidney disease should not take this product without the advice of a doctor. Do not take within two hours of another medicine as the effectiveness of the other medicine may be altered.
This medicine may not be suitable for some people. Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using if you:
- Are allergic to any component of this product or have had an allergic reaction to another product that contains an acid reducer.
- Are pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Have difficulty swallowing, or persistent abdominal discomfort (stomach pains).
- Have severe kidney disease or any other severe illnesses.
- Are over 40 and you are experiencing new or recently changed symptoms of acid indigestion or heartburn.
- Are taking any prescription or over-the-counter medications, such as nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs [NSAIDs] (because these medicines may be causing your symptoms).
- Have a previous history of ulcer disease complications.
- Are experiencing unintended weight loss in association with your symptoms of acid indigestion or heartburn.
PEPCID COMPLETE is generally well tolerated. Should any unusual symptoms occur, consult a doctor right away. Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help immediately or contact a Poison Control Centre right away.
Active Ingredients: Each tablet of PEPCID COMPLETE contains 10 mg of famotidine, 800 mg of calcium carbonate and 165 mg of magnesium hydroxide. Each tablet provides 320 mg of elemental calcium and 69 mg of elemental magnesium. Low in sodium.
Nonmedicinal Ingredients (Mint Flavour): Cellulose acetate, crospovidone, D&C Yellow No. 10, dextrose monohydrate, FD&C Blue No. 1, flavours, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, mineral oil, Prosweet Powder (contains corn starch), sucralose.