Vitamin C promotes healthy capillaries, gums and teeth, and aids iron absorption. It helps heal wounds and broken bones and, by increasing the absorption of iron from the intestine, it helps treat anemia. Vitamin C plays a role in collagen formation within connective tissue and it contributes to hemoglobin and red-blood-cell production in bone marrow. Vitamin C is perhaps best known for its role as an immune system booster that helps prevent viral and bacterial infections. It is recommended for treatment of the common cold.
- Promotes healthy capillaries, gums and teeth
- Aids in iron absorption
- Helps heal wounds and broken bones
- Helps treats anemia, especially iron-deficiency anemia, by increasing the absorption of iron from the intestines
- Helps form collagen in connective tissue
- Contributes to hemoglobin and red-blood-cell production in bone marrow
- Aids in preventing many types of viral and bacterial infections and generally potentiates the immune system
- Aids in the treatment and prevention of the common cold
Vitamin C 500 mg (Ascorbic acid). A special time-diffused micro encapsulation providing a gradual release of vitamin C over 6-8 hours.
Adults take 1 to 4 capsules daily.